August 24, 2012

The story is down!

3.29032~ months and my story's done!
This would be the longest story I've ever written, too. (currently at 54,039 words)
Pretty short amount of time when I consider how long I've worked on other pieces that I'm still not satisfied with.
Sure, I'll read over it a couple more times and polish it up some more before I send it to the editor, but if they demanded it right now, I could probably give it up.

Notice, will you, I do have an editor this time. Want to know how that came about?
I've mentioned it a few times :P but in case you didn't hear, I have a few short stories on a self-published literary website called IWriteReadRate.com. Fun place; after you read a story you're given the opportunity to tell the author what you thought of it. The idea is what finally gave me the guts to try to sell my writing. It just felt safer and less scary than baring my imaginary ideas to the whole world through Amazon.

To try interesting people into putting their books on it, they decided to hold a drawing. Anyone who loaded a story to the site would have the chance to have the IWRR people pay for a book of up to 100,000 words to be edited by Cornerstones Literary Consultancy (worth close to $1000, I hear).

If you like writing, I encourage you to come check out http://www.iwritereadrate.com/. If what I've said hasn't interested you yet, you still have the opportunity to win  a great prize by uploading some of your writing there. If you don't write but still like to read, you can have your say, too. IWRR holds a monthly competition at http://www.voteformyebook.com/ where the author of the highest voted book wins a Cornerstones professional critique of a work up to 2000 words long.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing your story! And thanks for the heads-up on that website! I'll check it ou t! :D

    ReplyDelete